Are you seeking a bread maker with the best features and affordable prices? Well, the Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 bread maker will not disappoint you. It is easy to use and easy to maintain. There are so many options that you will feel spoiled for choice.
The market today is flooded with bread maker machines and choosing the best one is quite tough. When I was seeking a bread maker, I wanted one with a fruit and nut dispenser at less price. The only answer seemed to be the Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 bread maker machine.
Many other affordable bread makers do not have a fruit and nut dispenser. They mostly come with an alarm or beep feature that tells you it’s time to add in the mix-ins. But the only drawback of the alarm feature is that you cannot add in the nuts or fruits if you are using the delay time option to bake your bread. I often go home late from the office and wish to enter to the fresh aroma of bread wafting in my home. But, I also love to add nuts and raisins to my bread every day. So, the Pohl Schmitt suited my requirements the best. Below, I have explained some features, pros and cons, and specifications of the product.
About The Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 Bread Maker
This bread maker machine from Pohl Schmitt is a clear winner! They are one of those companies that put customer needs, affordability, and utility on its topmost agenda. I have always loved Pohl Schmitt products because they are absolutely reliable. They offer you only the best quality products designed to make your life more easier and fun. They also have professional customer support that makes it easy to approach them in case of any queries or issues.
The 17-in-1 Pohl Schmitt bread maker machine is excellent in terms of quality and functionality. I have explained the features below in detail for you to make the right investment decision. Check all the features before analyzing if this is the right gadget for you or not.
Features of Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 Bread Maker
- 14 Settings For Perfect Bread Every Time – You can now make Whole Grain Bread, French Bread, Quick Bread (without yeast), Dough, Cake, and a wide variety of homemade bread to tailor your bread to your preferences.
- Digital Display With Delay Timer – Use the delay timer on the digital display to add ingredients and select the cycle, crust, and loaf size. This loaf is ideal for breakfast and entertaining. It has never been simpler or more enjoyable to bake.
- Non-stick Pan: Interior pan is removable for simple cleaning. One kneading paddle is also included with the Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 bread maker
- Quick & Simple: The bread maker will “beep” to remind you to add the final ingredients, such as fruit, nuts, or any additional cereals you like, during the working cycle. The convenient viewing window makes it possible to keep an eye on the baking process constantly.
Specifications of Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 Bread Maker
- Color: Gray
- Material: Fully Stainless Steel and Ceramic Non-Stick Pan
- Capacity: 2 Pounds
- Brand: POHL SCHMITT
- Product Care Instructions: Hand Wash
- Product Dimensions : 10″D x 14″W x 12.5″H
Pros and Cons of Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 Bread Maker
Pros of Pohl Schmitt Bread Maker:
- Colored Recipe Book – In a full-color recipe book, the manufacturers have included their favorite bread recipes along with those for cake, yogurt, and jam. The bread recipes are simple to follow and include ingredient lists for each of the three loaf sizes.
- 14 Settings for Bread and More – The Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 bread maker can help you have a warm, homemade breakfast ready for you. The bread maker makes specialty loaves of bread with a variety of presets, including apple walnut, homemade yogurt for filling parfaits, and even fruit jams for slathering on yesterday’s bread.
- Quick and Easy – With the integrated dispenser, making mouthwatering bread with fruit and nuts is quick and simple. The dispenser at the top will automatically add the desired quantity to your dough before baking; just add the desired amount to it.
- Customize Every Loaf – With a timer function, 14 baking presets, indicators for the color and size of the crust, gluten-free doughs, and more, this bread machine’s user-friendly control panel makes it simple to personalize your baking experience.
- Removable Non-Stick Pan – The bread maker is simple to clean and comes with a nonstick dough paddle and baking insert. A handy built-in handle on the bread pan makes it easy to remove your warm bread from the oven.
- Viewing Window – You can watch your bread bake through a transparent viewing window, peeking in to see how it’s coming along without opening the lid and stopping the baking process.
- Delay Timer – You can use the delay timer to bake at a preferred time. Just add the ingredients, select the crust and bread type, select the time of baking and add in the nuts. You will get your perfect loaf warm and fresh just when you want to eat it.
- Design – The stainless steel exterior of the Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 bread maker machine looks great in your kitchen and is quite easy to clean and maintain. The inner compartments are also very easy to clean.
- Warranty – It comes with a 1-year warranty, which just proves it is high-quality.
Cons of Pohl Schmitt Bread Maker:
- There is no heating element above the bread which may result in uneven browning of the crust at times.
- This Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 bread maker machine does not come with the recipe book and one needs to buy it separately on Amazon.
Is Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 Bread Maker Worth Buying?
The Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 bread maker machine is a cool investment choice for those who love baking their own bread every day. It also makes sense to invest in this machine if you love to add nuts and dried fruits to your bread. Store-bought bread is often quite costly. They are also loaded with preservatives and sugars, making them very unhealthy.
Look no further than this appliance if you enjoy adding ingredients to bread like raisins, pistachios, sunflower seeds, and cranberries. The bread maker not only has a nut dispenser so you can easily add nuts and dried fruit whenever you want, but it also beeps to let you know when it’s time to add your mix-ins.
This little Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 bread maker can handle grain bread, French bread, quick bread, cake, yogurt, jam, and more thanks to its 14 settings. Oh, and the Keep Warm function will keep your loaf warm and toasty for up to an hour if it isn’t taken out of the oven after baking. It allows you to wake up to freshly baked bread with a 15-hour delay timer.
This cool Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 bread maker also comes with various other baking cycles and you can choose from different types of bread, different colors of crust, and timer options. It is absolutely worth buying if you love to eat home-baked and fresh food at an economical cost. It definitely is the best value for money machine.
FAQs of Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 Bread Maker
Is there a program time chart for each step on the Pohl Schmitt Bread Maker machine?
Only a time feature for delaying baking will be available, allowing you to schedule its start and end times to coincide with your dinnertime.
Where can I find the book’s PDF?
There is only one place to get the instruction manual for this device, which is the Amazon store. Just put in Pohl Schmitt’s book and it comes up. I was looking for the instruction manual and it came up. There isn’t an instruction manual available for this machine for sale anywhere, sadly.
Does the Pohl Schmitt Bread Maker machine shake when in use?
No, it doesn’t, and the only time it makes much noise is when it opens the tiny trap door in the top and shakes nuts and raisins into your dough. Regardless of whether you have more ingredients, this opens.
We are very pleased with our Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 bread maker machine and the quality and results. It does not shake, but it does make a little noise when it is mixing the dough. The recipe book has a typo for French bread, but it does call for 4 cups of bread flour, and it’s the loaf we make the most frequently.
What are the outer dimensions of this Pohl Schmitt bread machine?
Its rounded sides make measurements difficult, but it stands about 10 and 1/2 inches tall, plus another inch or so for the small compartment at the top. It is about 8″ wide and 13″ long from front to back.
Can this Pohl Schmitt Bread machine make sourdough?
Although the unit comes with a recipe book and the operating instructions (which are in a separate booklet) don’t specifically mention a sourdough cycle, a quick search of some food websites reveals a wealth of recipes for bread machines that make sourdough bread.
The recipes I’ve found online don’t appear to be ones that would harm the machine, so if you already have the starter, it might be worthwhile to give it a shot. It might be difficult to fit enough time into the schedule to allow the dough to rise properly. I’m not positive if this is one of the bread machines that claim to be able to make sourdough bread, but there are some that do.
Does this Pohl Schmitt Bread Maker machine have a program time chart for each step (knead, rise, bake)?
Not at all, no. The only time feature is used to postpone baking. Imagine that dinner is hours away and you want your bread to be ready. You can set the start and end times to coincide with the time you sit down to dinner. Excellent if you want it ready when you get home from work.
How does it make different size loaves?
The quantity of each individual ingredient you add to the recipe determines how big the finished loaf of bread will be. Typically, Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 bread machines can produce 1 lb, 1.5 lb, and 2 lb loaves. I hope that this was somewhat helpful.
What is that loud banging noise when the nut dispenser opens?
On or about the 3rd knead/rest cycle, the scratchy loud sound is the nut dispenser opening. When I first heard it, was startled, but after I saw the nut dispenser’s bottom wing open, no worries.
Is the interior of Pohl Schmitt Bread Maker made of Teflon?
The company was contacted, and I was able to confirm that the bread pan’s interior is lined with ceramic. For us, ceramic was a must-have feature. Fast customer service was provided. took less than two minutes to make the call. Was impressed and am eager to order the machine right away.
Can you make biscuit dough and cinnamon roll dough? If so what number?
Yes, you can. In order to make my version of cinnamon rolls, I take regular bread dough, roll it out thin, sprinkle it with sugar and cinnamon, top it with marshmallows, and roll it up to bake.
Can I open the lid between the final rise and bake to score the dough? Would this affect the temperature or setting?
Although the book advises against it, the worst that could happen is that the bread might be a little underdone due to heat loss. I would just restart if lifting the lid caused the device to reset itself so I could learn from the mistake.
The Pohl Schmitt 2LB 17-in-1 bread maker enables you to bake cake, dough, quick bread, French bread, whole grain bread, etc. with up to 14 settings. With this machine’s digital display and delay timer option, you can add ingredients, choose the loaf size and crust, and cycle in accordance with your choices. The interior pan is removable and non-stick.
It comes with a detailed manual, a keep-warm function, is easy to use, and has low noise. All these features with the added nut dispenser make this one an ideal must-buy. Grab this one today to make your lives much easier.