I was always a junkie and would spend most of my pocket allowance on baked goods. I was overweight and diabetic too! When some real health issues surfaced, I had to undergo a total lifestyle change. I had to rewire my brain about sugary foods and unhealthy bakery items from the stores.
I did not want to give up on bread and only live on salad and meat. I learned that the right balance is important to maintaining a healthy body and mind. I started journaling to understand and plan my meals. Bread is an important part of my meals and I thought of fixing this problem first by investing in a good breadmaker that would encourage me to bake my own healthy bread daily.
When researching different bread makers, I found many low-budgeted ones. Some had a few features which the others did not have. But, I did not want to compromise on any feature and wanted to invest in a machine that would last for years. I chose the Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker, 2 lb. I am in love with my machine and it does make it tough for me to control my bread cravings. Let me walk you through the features of this bread maker so that you understand why I call it the ultimate bread maker.
About this Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker
If you love to bake your own bread at home then you must do it in style with the best breadmaker available! The tech-savvy Zojirushi is every chef’s dream-come-true and every home baker’s answer to baking fresh bread every day. This modern machine has been designed keeping in mind the needs and food choices of modern men and women who prefer to eat healthily and have less time to fix themselves a meal.
The Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker comes loaded with features like various menu options including multigrain, rapid whole wheat, salt-free, sugar-free, gluten-free, or vegan. It comes with double kneading blades to give you the softest dough for pizzas or rolls. The dual heaters at the bottom of the machine ensure uniform baking and browning. The rapid setting feature bakes your bread in just 2 hours and 25 minutes. You can monitor the baking cycle on the large LCD display and enjoy watching your loaf rise through the large viewing window. There are many other features that I have described in detail below.
Features of Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker
- Dual Heaters
The breadmaker’s bottom and lid both have heaters that help the bread bake and brown evenly.
- Double Kneading Blades
Knead the dough thoroughly for the best results. The Baking Pan and Kneading Blades both have nonstick coatings for simple cleanup and bread removal.
- Large Viewing Window
Enjoy watching your bread loaf kneading, rising, and baking through the large viewing window.
- LCD Display
Course selection is made easier by a large, simple-to-read LCD Display and a handy key code on the lid.
- Whole Wheat and Multigrain Courses
Use the Whole Wheat or Rapid Whole Wheat courses to make delicious whole wheat bread. With the addition of additional ingredients like nuts and seeds, the Multigrain course has been specifically created to make bread using a combination of whole grain flour.
- Special Courses for Special Diets
You can avoid unhealthy ingredients with the help of gluten-free, salt-free, sugar-free, and vegan courses, which are also specifically created to yield the best results for each type of bread.
- Go Beyond Bread
Think outside the loaf of bread! You have the freedom to prepare a variety of foods thanks to the flexible Dough, Cake, and Jam courses.
- Homemade Course
Use the Homemade course to design your own special course. With the help of three programmable Homemade memory settings, change the knead, rise, and bake times. Cinnamon Roll Bread, Mini White Bread, Meatloaf Miracle, Homemade Pasta, Gluten Free Dinner Bread, and other recipes can be found in the Recipe Book.
The automatic 2-lb breadmaker bakes a sizable loaf in the form of a traditional rectangle using the ingredients you choose.
It is simple to set the delay timer for fresh bread when you want it with the help of a convenient 12-hour clock with a 13-hour delay timer.
- European Courses
Light and savory bread are baked in European course settings to go well with a variety of dishes.
- Crust Options
Three different crust colors are offered by Crust Control. Dark, Medium, or Light.
The machine is quite compact and lightweight. Recessed handles on the breadmaker’s base make transportation and storage simpler.
A measuring spoon, nested measuring cups, and a liquid measuring cup are available as extras. A recipe book provides recipes in English or French.
Specifications of Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker
- Voltage – 120 Volts
- Color – Stainless Steel / Black
- Item Weight – 24 Pounds
- Material – Stainless Steel
- Capacity – 2 Pounds
- Wattage – 700 watts
- Kneading Blades – 2
- Clock – 12-hours
- Course Selection – Numeric Key Code
- Double Heaters – Bottom and Lid
- Number of Courses – 15
- Item Dimensions – 10.5 x 18 x 12.88 inches
Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Virtuoso Plus Bread Maker Basic Information
This machine is one of the models that are considered to have a mini compact design although its horizontal shape might take up more of your counter space. The Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker is however not so heavy, weighing only 24 pounds. Its bread capacity is 2lb, which is enough for your large family.
It’s made using stainless steel material, which matches well with other appliances and the rest of your kitchen décor. Its top black color offers a touch of class and also blends in well with everything in the kitchen. This Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker model is also made to last and put up with the pressure of everyday baking.
What Can Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker Do?
With this bread maker, you can make your own special course with the help of the Homemade course. There’s a recipe book with useful recipes to get you started, including Cinnamon Roll bread, Meatloaf miracle, gluten-free dinner bread, mini white bread, homemade pasta, and more. You can adjust the rise, knead, and bake times using 3 easy to set homemade memory controls.
The Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker makes a 2lb large capacity loaf for a large family. This loaf has a traditional rectangular shape. Making your perfect loaf is easy and a matter of adding the ingredients and pressing a few buttons. Thanks to its 13-hour delay timer, you can command the machine to start baking your bread at the time of your choosing.
If you want to wake up to a freshly baked loaf, this feature can help you enjoy this convenience. Moreover, this machine includes even European course settings that enable it to bake savory and light slices of bread, which matches well with a wide range of cuisines.
The rapid courses let you make your favorite loaf of whole wheat or white bread in only 2 hours and 25 minutes. You can have your bread in dark, medium, or light crust thanks to the convenient crust color control that lets you choose the shade according to your preference. This machine offers a wide variety of pre-set menu options including multigrain, gluten-free, sugar-free, vegan, salt-free, whole wheat, and rapid whole wheat.
Its large and easy-to-read LCD screen and the intuitive key code on the lid make the selection of course so easy. The machine also comes with useful accessories like nested measuring cups, liquid measuring cups, and one measuring spoon to make your bread making as smooth as possible.
What Are Some Special Features in Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker?
- Recessed handles – The bread maker has recessed handles on its bottom making it easy to carry around and store.
- Rapid course – You don’t need to wait forever for your favorite loaf of bread to get ready. The feature enables the machine to make bread in just 2 hours and 25 minutes.
- Double kneading blades – Since this bread maker creates a large 2lb loaf, it requires enough power for an efficient baking process. The machine comes with dual kneading blades that ensure a smooth bread-making process.
- Dual heaters – It comes with dual heaters on the lid and bottom to ensure even heating of the bread. That ensures that your bread has a smooth texture and consistent crust color.
Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker Technical Information
The bread maker from Zojirushi is rated 120 volts and 700 watts. Ensure that you note this and find out whether it can work in your area before you buy. It comes with a lengthy cord of 39 inches that offers a long and convenient reach.
Pros and Cons of Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker
Pros of Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker:
- Healthy Bread Options – It has a program for making gluten-free bread.
- Easy-to-Use Design – The baking pan has two handles for easier handling. The mixing and kneading are well done by the two kneading blades.
- Standard Size Bread Pan – A 2-lb bread loaf in the standard shape can be made in a horizontal baking pan.
- Dual Heating Elements – For even browning of the top crust, there is a heating element in the lid.
- Sturdy Bread Pan – The bread pan is made of metal that is much heavier than the bread pans we use in our oven, and it is very sturdy. The pans are simple to remove from the washer and push back into position after washing thanks to two generous, looped, heavy-duty handles.
- Stops the Kneading Process when the Lid is Lifted – A greatly useful feature is that the bread machine stops its kneading process when you lift the lid, so you can nudge the dough or touch it to judge the texture without worrying about the paddles spinning.
- Delay Timer – A delayed start feature allows you to add your ingredients and then schedule a time for the bread to be finished if you want to bake bread but need to leave the kitchen. Instead of calculating how many hours of a delay I needed, I am able to set this machine’s clock for an actual time since it has one.
- Initial Resting Period – The initial resting period is one of Zojirushi’s most distinctive characteristics. The machine gently heats the ingredients before the kneading begins, so everything is at the same temperature, even though it appears nothing is happening from the outside. As a result, you don’t need to worry about bringing chilled ingredients, like butter, to room temperature before you begin.
- Accessories – A dual measuring spoon, a set of dry measuring cups, and a liquid measuring cup are all included with the Zojirushi. Even though the spoon is marked “small” and “large,” it actually measures a teaspoon and a tablespoon. Each spoon has a mark halfway up that allows you to estimate half-measures. The dry measuring cups were also much nicer than we anticipated given that they are free. They are 14, 13, 12, and 1 cup in size.
Cons of Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker:
- It requires a lot of counter space due to its size.
- The bottom of the finished loaf of bread has two paddle holes.
- The top crust may occasionally be slightly higher on one side due to the occasionally uneven rise of the dough.
- Only an audible signal is present for adding fruit and nuts; there is no automatic ingredient dispenser.
- The LCD screen is not backlit. This makes it tough to view the display in dark.
- Makes traditional rectangular bread
- Easy and fast bread making
- Makes high-quality bread
- Length power cord
- Recessed handles enable easy handling
- Makes special bread varieties
- Stainless steel and black matches well with most kitchen decor
- Some complaints that parts aren’t made to last – it’s expensive to replace
- Unresponsive customer support
Is Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker Worth Buying?
The Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker is worth the splurge for bread lovers. The Zojirushi Breadmaker is the kind of serious appliance you probably want if you’re serious about making bread. Even though it is more costly than many other bread machines on the market right now, using this one is incredibly simple. All you need to do is measure out the ingredients, and the appliance will take care of the rest.
The Zojirushi Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker’s high cost is justified in several ways. First off, it offers 15 settings, including choices for bread that is gluten-free, salt-free, sugar-free, and vegan. There are three “homemade” memory settings that you can program to bake specific loaves, and it can even assist you in creating a sourdough starter. The dual kneading blades on this breadmaker also guarantee more even mixing, and a horizontal baking pan for a classic loaf shape.
This Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker machine is good for those who bake a lot. As it is costly, I recommend you invest in it only if you spend a lot on store-bought baked goods.
Why Buy Zojirushi Home Bakery BB-PDC20BA Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker
Being able to make a loaf of bread in the comfort of your own kitchen is an excellent thing. It feels so good to wake up to the aroma of freshly baked loaf every morning for breakfast. For a person who loves having bread in the morning, the day is sure to be more enjoyable with fresh bread any time you want it.
There are many kitchen appliances on the market and this bread maker from Zojirushi is one of those items that you shouldn’t miss in your kitchen. It makes horizontal loaves that make large slices for your entire family and thus Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker is one of the best horizontal bread-making machines available. The over has received a lot of positive feedback and high ratings from satisfied buyers with only a few sitting a few cons here and there.
Like any other good-quality bread-making machine on the market, investing in this machine will give you great value for money in the long run. You can eat fresh bread any time you want and be sure of what you’re eating, unlike store-bought bread where you may not have control over the ingredients, additives, and preservatives they use.
FAQs on Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker
Is there a list showing how long it takes to prepare different types of bread?
The recipe book provides the time required to bake the recipes. I have made quite a few of the different recipes and all of them have come out perfect. I’ve had my bread machine for about a year now. I’ve made numerous things in it and everything has always come out really good. This machine is an investment, but a very good one. I’m extremely happy with mine And I expect you will be very happy with yours as well. Good luck and enjoy.
Can I use this to only rise and bake bread, no kneading?
The BB-PDC20 may be used to allow the dough to rise and bake by using the HOMEMADE feature. It allows you to set your own tailored course.
Has adding nuts or dried cranberries, or pumpkin seeds scratched the bread pan or non-stick coating?
The baking pan has a non-stick coating containing PTFE- a material commonly used for non-stick coating in cookware for conventional kitchen use (FDA approved). Using course or rigid textured ingredients can cause the nonstick coating of the baking pan and kneading blades to become scratched or damaged.
Are the measuring cups Zojirushi provides considered “standard” measurements? if I lost a Zojirushi cup, would I be able to use my own instead?
Yes, they are standard, in fact, I usually just use my regular measuring cups and spoons. The nested measuring cups included are based on the standard 8 oz measuring cup.
Is the pan nonstick? I don’t want the chemicals from nonstick materials.
The baking pan has a non-stick coating containing PTFE- a material commonly used for non-stick coating in cookware for conventional kitchen use (FDA approved).
The Zojirushi BB-PDC20BA Home Bakery Virtuoso Plus Breadmaker features a cutting-edge heating element that alters the way bread can be baked at home. Any home baker can now benefit from this most technologically advanced breadmaker, which is packed with menu settings and options for the utmost versatility, regardless of experience level. The simple addition of measured ingredients, lid-closing, and a selection from the user-friendly LCD control panel makes it simple to use. The Home Bakery bakes a 2-pound loaf of bread in the shape of a rectangle to perfection.
One can choose from a variety of healthy course settings, including multigrain, whole wheat, rapid whole wheat, gluten-free, salt-free, and vegan, as well as one of three crust colors—light, medium, or dark. The machine’s timer can be adjusted to postpone the end of the baking cycle by up to 13 hours, which makes it possible to come home to a warm loaf of bread after a long day at work or to wake up to the aroma of freshly baked, homemade bread in the morning. The bread maker features a large viewing window, an “on” indicator light, a start/reset button, a removable nonstick bread pan for simple cleaning, two blades for thorough dough kneading and a higher rise, and other useful features.
All in all, this one comes loaded with amazing features, making it an excellent kitchen investment.