For those who love to own smart gadgets in their kitchens and enjoy quick and homemade fresh food, Cuisinart is an excellent choice. I had it at the topmost of my kitchen list when my husband and I were remodeling our kitchen. Growing up, I can recall, that we often woke up to the lovely aroma of freshly baked bread. Although my mom used to use our old oven for baking bread, I know for sure that it takes a lot of effort to get the perfect loaf out of an oven.
But, with this amazing Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker, I not only managed to get delicious and moist fresh bread every day but was also impressed by traditional mom! She thought that I had actually finally learned her tricks! So, if you are hunting for a good bread maker, read this guide below to know why this one is a total game-changer!
About Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker
So you did not believe us when we said that bread-making could be the easiest task for you? Well, it isn’t easy to think at first, but not until you use the Cuisinart bread maker. We say that because we have bought it, used it and tasted a variety of loaves of bread made in it for this Cuisinart bread maker review.
Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker is a product of the company Cuisinart. People very much favor it because of its compact size. Usually, bread is traditionally made vertically and in electrical bread makers. But since the Cuisinart bread maker bakes the bread vertically, it takes a lot less space on your countertop.
Cuisinart bread maker, when you buy it comes in a carton package, the required steps are taken to avoid any damage. It comes with an instruction manual and a recipe book. It has recipes for several types of loaves of bread, some sweet, sour and salty. So make sure you try any of the book recipes first to have an easy beginner experience.
There are many ways that we can list out that make break making more manageable for you with Cuisinart. The features offered by Cuisinart bread makers are excellent, and you will save a lot of money and the environment by baking your bread. So let us go deeper into this Cuisinart bread maker review.
Features of Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker
So let us now look at how Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker makes your bread baking task easier. To understand this, we will look at the features of the Cuisinart bread maker, its qualities, its functions, designs, how it works, and our experiences through the process of using it for this Cuisinart bread maker review.
So the first feature we are here with is Cuisinart bread maker’s capacity, how big and heavy of a break it can bake. So Cuisinart bread makers have the capacity of baking a 2 lb loaf of bread. It can obviously bake lighter bread, but we tried to bake a 2 lb loaf of bread to test Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread maker’s capacity.
See Through Glass
It always feels great to watch the process of building something. Be it the construction of a building, a piece of art or a dish. Do you remember watching the cake you baked rising in the oven? Did it not feel therapeutic? Well, you can get that therapy with Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker. It has see-through glass right above the area where your bread is baked so you can watch the whole process of baking your bread and know when it is ready to serve. You do not always have to look to check if it is prepared though. We have another feature for that.
Life would be so much easier if we had a simple way of doing everything, wouldn’t it? But it does not always work that way. But it does not always have to be like that. Especially when technology comes into play. Technology is supposed to make our work easier and faster. Therefore, with the Cuisinart bread maker, you get the advantage of technology that makes your life easier. It has four buttons to manage the baking of your bread.
The first button is to choose the program; the type of bread you want to bake. The second button is the color button; decide how dark your bread is to be baked, low, medium or dark. The third button is to select the loaf size, whether you want it to raise big or small. The fourth and the last button is the start and stop button from turning the Cuisinart bread maker on and off.
Removable and Easy to Clean Bread Mold
Don’t you hate those dirty marks of burnt food or old dried-up food on your vessels? Aren’tAren’t they so hard to clean? They are stuck all over. If you scrub them, the vessel gets scarred, but you cannot even leave the first there because it will definitely worsen the vessel’s situation.
So Cuisinart has introduced an easy-to-clean bread mold, which helps you get stains right off, though you will not experience much stain because Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker doesn’t burn your bread since it has efficient settings to avoid that.
And it would be pretty difficult to completely clean the mold when it is affixed onto the Cuisinart bread maker for apparent reasons. To make it easier for you, Cuisinart has introduced a removable bread mold that is easier to attach and detach.
In the olden days, it used to be so tricky when you had to keep an hourglass or remember when to turn the device off, or your food would get burnt, and all your hard work has gone to waste. Why would you want that?
With Cuisinart, you do have to worry about that. It has an LCD screen to help you see the settings you have made and the time set and left for the cooking. So bye-bye burnt loaves of bread!
Inbuilt Dough Kneader
We know how frustrating it can get when you have to put your hands in the wet dough, and it all gets stuck to your fingers, the flour is all over the counter, and you are all dirty. So what do we do about that?
Well, you can get a Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker in your kitchen. What after that? Just read the ingredients and instructions from the book, pour in all the ingredients to the bread mold, set the timer as per the recipe book and let it cook until it smells deliciously all around the house. It’sIt’s that easy!
13-Hour Delay Start
How much would you love it when you come home from a hectic day at work. After listening to all the customers and your boss’s complaints and going home to get freshly prepared warm food through the highly polluted and jammed roads? Wouldn’tWouldn’t it feel like a piece of heaven?
It really must feel like that. But how many of us really know that feeling of receiving freshly prepared, warm food? Not most of us, right? But now, you can get a part of your meal newly prepared when you reach home. No, you are not required to come to your place and prepare food for you. Cuisinart bread maker has a 13-hour delay start feature. You can set the Cuisinart bread maker to start after up to 13 hours of setting it and come home to freshly prepared bread.
You have those traditional bread baking molds that are supposed to be kept horizontally in the oven and those horizontal bread makers where the molds are again kept horizontally. That takes up a lot of space, doesn’t it?
Well, if you have a compact apartment or want to save some space, this is your chance to do that. Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker bakes your bread vertically and save up a lot of space on your countertop.
Okay, let us admit it. Not all of them have excellent memory power. We forget important things too sometimes. And sometimes we lose a lot because of that food as well.
To save you from such loss, the Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker gives audible signals for different situations, such as when to remove the paddle or when the bread is ready to be eaten.
How much would you like to use a product for a while, test if it suits all your requirements, suits your life, and then decide to keep it. If not, return it and get your money back. Wouldn’tWouldn’t it be great? Of course, it would be.
Cuisinart understands your feelings and promises a refund policy. You can return and get a refund on your purchase of the Cuisinart bread maker within 30 years of receipt. So you have no risk of losing your money. If you feel it does not suit your needs, get a refund, and if you like it, keep it and use it for years and make delicious loaves of bread at home.
Okay, so one of your electrical devices got some problem in its wiring or some other part, and you are not that well versed with electrical devices, so you need to give it to a professional to get it checked and repaired. But does every professional repair the specific electrical device, or is there any electrical professional around you who could immediately come to your rescue? Not always, right?
But guess what? Cuisine art provides a warranty. So whenever you call within a certain period of purchasing. The professional will come to your house and care for your Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker. To get this warranty, you might have to contact the manufacturer of the Cuisinart bread maker.
Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker – New Compact Automatic
- Voltage – 110 Volts
- Color – New Compact Automatic
- Item Weight – 10.8 Pounds
- Material – Stainless Steel
- Capacity – 2 Pounds
- Item Dimensions LxWxH – 10.25 x 13.25 x 11.25 inches
- Brand – Cuisinart
- Product Care Instructions – Hand Wash
- Number of Programs – 12
Pros and Cons of Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker
You must know that everything around you has its advantages and its disadvantages. Nothing is perfect and has its good and bad sides. So look at the two sides of the Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker that we considered while preparing this Cuisinart bread maker review.
Pros of Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker
So what are the pros that we listed out about Cuisinart Bread maker? Let us check it out.
- Includes several different cycles with different options such as the whole wheat cycle to make bread from whole wheat. In this phase, an extra 30 minutes is taken by the machine to warm the ingredients before mixing and the cycle is also a little longer as the machine waits for the dough to rise first.
- This bread maker is quite easy to use. You can easily select the type of bread you want, the crust color, and the size to get your perfect loaf in the required time.
- It seems like a pretty durable machine and may last for years if handled well.
- The bread maker bakes with faster turnaround times, and consistent temperatures for uniform baking.
- One can choose to bake 3 different loaf sizes – 1, 1.5, and 2 that help to lessen or increase the baking time as per the size.
- One can choose from 12 pre-programmed menu options to cook various kinds of bread such as low-carb, quick-bake, wheat-bread, etc., and choose from different crust color options.
- The LCD display makes it easy to program the machine and monitor the baking cycle.
- The large glass viewing window at the top allows you to check the rising of the bread.
- It comes with a non-stick baking tray that is quite easy to clean and maintain. It’s very simple to insert the loaf pan and lock it in place. In the past, I’ve had bread makers that I had to kind of jiggle and turn to lock.
- The Cuisinart bread maker has a functional design with boxy, brushed stainless steel accents. It is much lighter than the bread machines I’ve previously owned, making it simple to bring in and out of my pantry. I don’t like to keep it on my kitchen counter when not in use.
- The inner compartment is very easy to clean and maintain.
- The machine’s side handles make it simple to move, lift, and store. I’ve owned two breadmakers in the past that were impossible to lift without hugging the appliance and using your arms.
- Powerful enough to perform excellent kneading, the mixer paddle has enough wobble, power, and rotation to pick up stray lumps of flour on the sides.
- It comes with a recipe book that helps you bake some very delicious bread recipes.
- The length of the loaf in this bread machine is 9 inches. Most of the other large bread makers can only make a loaf of 7.5 inches. You can easily use slices in your toaster if you can make a loaf that resembles a traditional-sized loaf of bread. You may need to modify the recipe to make a smaller loaf for some other bread machines so it won’t be too tall.
Cons of Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker
- The font size and number of words on the control panel are both too small. Even though I have fairly good vision, I had to squint to read. The display LED is also quite small.
- The control panel can be a little confusing for some. The buttons on the control panel are oddly spaced, different sizes, and some are raised while others are flush, which makes it very difficult to use. The control panel is out of date as there are very new and modern machines available today.
- The biggest con is that the machine does not have an additional dispenser for adding nuts, dried fruits, or other ingredients. This way, if you have to add these ingredients, you have to wait for the beep to add the mix-ins. If you do not have the time to monitor your bread baking, you will have to do it without adding the nuts.
- This model does not come with a removable lid which makes it difficult to clean the baking compartment sometimes.
Is Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker Worth Buying?
If you need to bake several loaves or just want extra convenience, you should invest in a bread maker. You may be physically disabled, have a busy schedule, and are sick of baking bread from scratch at home. Budget constraints or the fact that you’re new to bread baking could both be the cause. You are a great candidate for a bread machine if you have any of these factors.
The Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker is a great buy for those who are seeking a bread maker in a budgeted range. It does not have a lot of features that other breadmakers have and so, you will have to do without some of them if this one suits your budget. It bakes good bread but comes without some added accessories like a mixing cup and a measuring spoon that are mostly included in other bread makers.
Other Bread Making Machines by Cuisinart
You see one design and function of a particular item, and you want to see more types to check if there is any other design from the same company that might suit your requirements better. So we have some suggestions for bread makers by Cuisinart.
- CBK-100 Cuisinart Bread Maker.
- CBK-200 Cuisinart 2-lbs. Convection Bread Maker.
All two are by Cuisinart and have some similarities and differences with the Cuisinart bread maker that we discussed in this article. All bake 2 lb bread loaves but Cuisinart CBK-200 Convection Bread Maker has 16 Pre-Programmed Menu Options. So, before you make a decision, do adequate research.
FAQ’s on Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker
Does it have a gluten-free bread setting?
It does! We had warm bread waiting for us after three hours. The first time used a bread machine, and it produced a perfect gluten-free loaf. A typical 2lb whole wheat loaf takes 4 hours and 10 minutes to bake. In order to prevent overmixing and over-kneading of the dough, the gluten-free setting shortens the time to 2 hours and 15 minutes.
Can you make real cakes with this machine?
You can make a huge variety of quick bread and coffee cakes, which aren’t really cakes. In some cases, you must move the dough and finish baking in a standard oven.
Does this machine make Italian or French bread?
Yes. I make French bread all the time. It comes with a great recipe book. It’s awesome food pizza dough or other dough like cinnamon rolls.
What type of coating does the bread pan have?
The non-stick coating on the bread pan is Teflon or a Teflon derivative like PTFE or diamond-fluorine, though the company did not specify which type of non-stick coating it is. The device bakes loaves in weights of 1 pound, 1.5 pound, and 2 pounds. Although the bread pan is said to be horizontal, it actually looks more like a cross between a horizontal and vertical bread pan.
Does it come with Bread Mixes?
No, bread mixes are not included. The grocery store sells bread mix products. I suggest giving one of the basic bread recipes in the accompanying recipe book a try. You can experiment with add-ins once you have mastered a basic recipe. I’ve had my bread maker for around a year, and I’m happy with the bread’s quality.
The Cuisinart CBK 110 Bread Maker is an excellent kitchen gadget to buy if you are looking to buy a machine that is compact and affordable. Given for its price, this one is a worthy buy as it has some amazing features. You may miss the ‘add nuts’ dispenser, but other than this, no other feature feels like major missing!
I am quite happy with this bread maker. I usually like to monitor my bread while baking, so I add nuts and other ingredients when the signal beeps. When I do have to set the delay timer for making the bread in the evening after I get back from work or to wake up in the morning to fresh bread, I avoid adding the nuts. I am quite happy with my purchase. I would recommend you to buy it too if you are looking for quality homemade fresh bread.